Sint Maarten, Saint Martin and Anguilla Too!
IT’S FAMILY TRIP TIME!!!!!!!!
And we are spending it in a beautiful house ( Eden Rock Villa) on the beautiful island of Sint Maarten. Yup! We went dutch. I recommend you staying in a Villa if you go. The vies and privacy are amazing. Its only our first day here and the trip from the airport to the house we rented, man oh man. I now know what my grandparents were talking about when they said “back in my day I had to walk up hills both ways to get to school.” Lol They just built everything right into the mountains. So if you don’t have a car with 4 wheel drive you’re not going anywhere here. Thank goodness it doesn’t snow in these parts because people would seriously be stuck in their homes. These hills are so steep and serious. The commute while a tad rough was so worth it once we got to our house.
The view is breath taking, and the house is perfect. Kudos to my cousin Blair for a great pick! When you walk through the front door you can see across the room and out to the sea and the sky. I can see the island of Saba from my bedroom, and the way the house is set up you can see the sunrise from behind Saba and sunset all from our patio.
So, besides relaxing taking in the beautiful views, there is quite a bit to explore. If you happen to stay in Sint Maarten here are a few things to do:
- Visit Loterie Farm– located close to the Pic Parafdis (St. Maarten’s highest point), Loterie farm offers some great outdoor experiences. Tree-topping, Zip Linking and Hiking are just a few of there many activities.
- The Butterfly Farm – If you’re like me and into nature, definitely stop by this beautiful farm full of butterflies.
- Visit Anguilla – Take a day trip to the beautiful island of Anguilla.
What to wear on the Island? Sint Maarten dress is pretty casual / informal. Light fabrics will suit you best and while it’s always great to look fashionable, remember this is the tropics. Just make sure it’s comfortable. One more thing worth mentioning. Don’t be surprised if you’re on the beach and notice a random dog. The beaches tend to draw a canine crowd!
- Al Pasha Restaurant – Simpson Bay 100%
- Fat Tony’s – Cupecoy Bay 100%
- Lazy Lizard – Phillipsburg SXM 100%
Follow Kelly, as she attempts to go Vegan in Vermont for 1 Month.
Hello Simply Readers! As promised, I’m back with an article dedicated to places to eat in Cuba. My recent trip to Cuba (article here) was an amazing experience that left me simply satisfied.